Troy Hunt's Secret Sauce
- Task switch frequently. Do 2 or 3 things at once if it’s productive. Walk and chew gum at the same time.
- Diversify tasks and mediums. Treat them like the stocks in your retirement fund. Or the clothes in your closet, you want to be able to mix and match.
- Invest in work environments. Chairs. Monitors.
- Pay someone to do your chores.
- Retrospect. Optimize. Repeat.
- Plan for reusability. What you produce will get leveraged in different mediums by different stakeholders. Work once, use many.
- Have a vision of how products will get re-leveraged. Do the small, easy piece first. Minimum Viable Product.
- Work evenings, weekends, holidays.
- Stay healthy.
- Talk with your significant other. Develop a shared vision. Accept shared sacrifice. Enjoy shared rewards.
- If you’re good at code, differentiate by working on communication and influence.